Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Routine for a Better You

Some times life can get so busy that we fall out of our healthy habits and routine, such as gym time or eating breakfast at a table and not in the car... for me, I started making excuses some mornings about why I need to be home with baby Avery.  The gym time started to decrease and I was eating my breakfast in the car.  Although it was a healthy breakfast smoothie or granola bar, it wasn't as enjoyable.  Life seemed to be getting more and more hectic and stressful...

Taking a step back and truly thinking about these unhealthy changes in my life made me realize that in order to be a good mother, I need to take time for myself...I truly believe that if you really want to do something, you can make time for it.  When Avery is up in the morning, I get right over to the gym after she is fed.  My husband watches her and when I come home, I am ready to start my day and truly feel satisfied with what life has to offer me for the day.  I feel more in control and am ready to tackle the day!

Yes, there will be days when eating in the car on the way to work is the only option, but setting aside an extra 30 minutes is sometimes all it takes to be a healthier you.  As a busy mom that works 35 hours a week in addition to graduate school and caring for an 8 month old, there STILL is time ... time to take care of yourself.

Think about one thing you would like to change, whether it be one hour more of sleep, one extra glass of water instead of the pop or a 15 minute power walk....yes, it may be challenging some days but in the end, it is worth it.

Cheers to a better you.

No comments:

Post a Comment